Yet another inspiring interview. This time with beautiful Shannon Fitzgerald, who works at MTV. Make sure you don’t miss her TED talk in the end of this post.
1. Who are you and what do you do? Shannon Fitzgerald and I am Sr Vice President of Series Development at MTV in New York. Basically I create new shows for the network.
2. Your favorite trip ever and why? When I went to London at 16 with my best friend for 3 months and knew I wanted to live there. So I quit school and did just that. That trip changed the course of my life.
3. What is your favorite 3d movie and which one are you looking forward to? Avatar is the only one I’ve seen I think and not sure what else is coming out. I am a writer so much more interested in good writing and directing so the 3d thing – which is super fun – isn’t totally on my radar yet.
4.Who is your style icon? I have a few – Kate Moss, the girls from Elastica, Tilda Swinton, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Dillion, Britih Mods and skinheads from the 60’s.
5. What are three things you can’t live without? iphone, music and positive attitude
6. What is your advice to someone who is pursuing their passion as a career? To not give up too quickly just because it’s harder than you thought. It’s always hard. It takes hard work and dedication to get good at something. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and persevere. if you want it badly enough you will find a way. Resilience is the name of the game. You just have to figure it out as you go along.
Want to leave you with one of the most inspiring TED talks that we’ve seen – Shannon’s talk at TEDxWomen in Amsterdam. Enjoy: