Yet another inspiring interview. This time with beautiful Shannon Fitzgerald, who works at MTV. Make sure you don’t miss her TED talk in the end of this post.
1. Who are you and what do you do? Shannon Fitzgerald and I am Sr Vice President of Series Development at MTV in New York. Basically I create new shows for the network.
2. Your favorite trip ever and why? When I went to London at 16 with my best friend for 3 months and knew I wanted to live there. So I quit school and did just that. That trip changed the course of my life.
3. What is your favorite 3d movie and which one are you looking forward to? Avatar is the only one I’ve seen I think and not sure what else is coming out. I am a writer so much more interested in good writing and directing so the 3d thing – which is super fun – isn’t totally on my radar yet.
4.Who is your style icon? I have a few – Kate Moss, the girls from Elastica, Tilda Swinton, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Dillion, Britih Mods and skinheads from the 60’s.
5. What are three things you can’t live without? iphone, music and positive attitude
6. What is your advice to someone who is pursuing their passion as a career? To not give up too quickly just because it’s harder than you thought. It’s always hard. It takes hard work and dedication to get good at something. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and persevere. if you want it badly enough you will find a way. Resilience is the name of the game. You just have to figure it out as you go along.
Want to leave you with one of the most inspiring TED talks that we’ve seen – Shannon’s talk at TEDxWomen in Amsterdam. Enjoy:
Some of you might be visiting this page for the first time. This is who we are:
Since May arrives tomorrow, here is April summer.
We made lots of smoothies – some came out good, some came out bad (like this one that had to be eaten with a spoon)
Met 3D producer Justin Giritlian at Border Grill Downtown LA. If you’re ever there, you have to try their guacamole – it is to die for!!
As entrepreneurs, you wear many hats (and shoes).
We went to Royal-T in Culver City for the HBO screening of the new show “Girls”, have you seen it yet?
Vizio invited us to join them at the KROQ Coachella House powered by Vizio with our INGRI:DAHL 3D eyewear – we of course said yes!
Titanic was even more amazing in 3D. What a beautiful story.
The people from the Vizio and KROQ Coachella House really liked our 3D glasses:)
Kine attended NAB and learned lots about the future of 3D. She met a lot of nice people as well.
Congrats again to Niccole for putting on an amazing event at Geisha House 🙂 Thank you for inviting us – it was a blast!
One of the people we met through our attendance to NAB was one of the 3D experts at Technicolor, Ed Elliott. What a great man! He also gave us a copy of the Technicolor 3D dictionary book, which already has been extremely helpful to have handy!
We met with Justin Giritlian again. This time Kine learned the making of 3D content through a demonstration built up of a banana peel, an empty Starbucks cup, an iPhone and two drink stirring sticks!
Love meeting with Emily McDonald, founder of Stylist LA. This month’s meeting at the StylistLA headquarters wasn’t any different 🙂
Molen Antolin shared her story and gave advice on how to make it in the fashion world in Midweek Motivation.
A lovely breakfast meeting with Shannon Benna and Justin Giritlian at the lovely Joan’s on Third. More meetings to come! 🙂
Visiting Amy and Katie at Society of the Spectacle was fun as always! PS. They carry our 3D glasses for you guys who would like to try them on 🙂