We at INGRI:DAHL love to interview inspiring and motivational people for our weekly Midweek Motivation column. Reading about another person’s experiences or take on how to be successful give us a kick midweek to give a little extra at our designer 3D glasses company! This week we have interviewed super creative, Carlos J Morales. Enjoy!
1. Who are you and what do you do? My name is Carlos J. Morales and I am a creative person. What do I do exactly – I share my life with the world. I am a writer who happens to be classically trained baker and pastry chef. My passion for baking, t-shirts, and tattoos is what led to the start of Oven Fresh Dreams. O.F.D. is a online lifestyle and baking collective where I share my food adventures, recipes, and sell a series of art collaborations (in the form of t-shirts and prints) with artists all across the world.
2. Your favorite trip ever and why? My favorite trip ever would have to be my most recent trip to Prague. It was the first time I traveled internationally and was in good company – my beautiful and inspirational girlfriend. While we were there we dove into the culture around us and came back with an overwhelming sense of appreciation. I mean between the pastries and architecture I was one happy camper.
3. What is your favorite 3D movie and which one are you looking forward to? My favorite 3D movie is by far Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. While I do love the people over at Pixar, it is hard to compete with the creators of my favorite video game. As far as future movies are concerned, I can not say that I have picked a favorite just yet.
4. Who is your style icon? My style icon? While I don’t look at one person for style pointers, I think the closest person that fits my lifestyle and way of thinking (creatively speaking) is Pharell Williams.
5. What are three things you can’t live without? Three things I can’t live without 1. Pen 2. Paper 3. Coffee (lots of coffee)
6. What is your advice to someone who is pursuing their passion as a career? My advice is simple. Believe in yourself and live a little. Everything we do in life is considered a risk to some degree might as well take a chance with something you love. You’d be surprised how satisfying the unsuccessful days are when your passion is your career.